GGR Group, Britain’s leading lifting solutions specialist, welcomed more than 300 visitors to its sector-leading facility in Haddenham, Buckinghamshire on 22nd July, for its first major open day of 2021.
Beginning with an opportunity to tour the state-of-the-art depot, the event also included keynote addresses from leading names across the cranes and lifting technology sector, alongside an introduction to some exciting recent updates from across the GGR range.
With a focus on developing innovative and sustainable lifting solutions, GGR unveiled a host of new plant at the event. These included a new range of articulated crawler cranes (the TMC 25, TMC 25 100% electric and TMC 525), designed to provide the perfect combination of reach, capacity and flexibility to the market. In addition, the business also introduced a new family of glass vacuum lifters (Hydraulica 6000, Fin Lifter 18000 and Hydraulica 2100 Curved), as well as the announcement that the popular Electric Telehandler, the UK’s first 100% electric telehandler, is now Stage V* compliant.
Other new plant introduced at the event included:
- GRC Panel Lifters (MRTA611 GRC Lifter and GRC Panel Lifter)
- Cladding vacuum lifters (CladKing Intelli-Grip, Slimline Mini-Clad and Clad-Man)
- Floor cranes (Slewboy 500, GML800+ Manipulator and Atom 800)
- Trolleys and transporters (GGR Launch Tables, Glass Transporter 3000 and TMC 060 Tracked Carrier)
- Libro Overhang Beams (Libro 3D Head Manipulators, Libro Corner Lifter and Libro 20000)
- Stage V-compliant Mini Crawler Cranes
- Battery powered Pick & Carry Cranes
- Battery powered Glazing Robots
Outside of introducing new solutions to market, GGR Group also announced at the open day that it has been officially confirmed as the UK retail partner for Italy’s Almac, Europe’s leading specialist manufacturer of tracked carriers. GGR Group also talked guests through it’s all-new Green Lifting Range, which will see all of the business’s diesel powered transport vehicles and plant technology ‘go green’ with enhanced hydrotreated vegetable oil (HVO).
As part of the open day, guests also sat in on a number of seminars taking an in-depth look at the opportunities and challenges currently facing the lifting and cranes industry. Introduced by Sat Dhaiwal, chairman of GGR Group, key speakers throughout the day included:
- David Borley and Steve Leyton, representing the Industry Lifting Lead and the New Industrial Tier 1 Lifting and Horizontal Transportation Group respectively, who discussed the need for standards and safety within the industry
- Peter Gibbs, who shared the latest updates from the Construction Plant Association and Crane Interest Group
- Keith Silvester, who looked at the benefits of the Association of Lorry Loader Manufacturers and Importers (ALLMI)
- Chris Carter Rowlands, of NOCN Group, who looked at the importance of training and development across the industry
- GGR Group’s Janus Britz, who shared all of the latest developments from across the business
“It was a genuine pleasure to welcome so many faces to our Haddenham facility for our first open day of 2021. After a challenging 18 months for the sector, the open day was a fantastic taste of normality, giving us the opportunity to showcase some of the latest, innovative additions to our range, alongside taking a wider look at upcoming trends and opportunities for the industry at large.
“It was a particular honour to welcome a number of leading figures from across the lifts and crane industry as keynote speakers. From the importance of securing the right accreditation, to the role of sector-wide collaboration in promoting innovation, the seminar sessions from across the day provided much food for thought.”– Gill Riley, Managing Director of GGR Group
The open day crowns what has been a productive and successful first half of 2021 for GGR Group. In addition to the new retail partnership with Almac, the business has also supplied products to major infrastructure projects including the Crossrail expansion and Thames Tideway upgrade in London.
For more information on the full range of products and solutions, please visit: https://www.ggrgroup.com