Bauma, Munich, April 8th – 14th 2019, Open-air ground FM.812A
Tessenderlo, Belgium – Hyundai Construction Equipment Europe (HCEE) kicks off the introduction of its new A-series excavators and wheel loaders at Bauma 2019 – a machine range for the future construction industry!
The birth of the new A-series: more than simply being Stage V compliant
The A-series stands for machines that comply with the European stage V emission levels – and cover HCE Europe’s complete product range, mini and
Bauma 2019: A first insight to Hyundai’s A-series HX heavy excavators
At Bauma 2019 HCE Europe is going to unveil its first models of the brand-new A-series crawler excavators. The 22-ton HX220A L and the 30-ton HX300A L models will pave the ground for its smaller and larger siblings. The roll-out of the different models will follow a well-defined introduction schedule, stretching over the coming two years. Major topics like fuel efficiency, productivity, safety, convenience, improved uptime and detailed machine management are key. There are multiple new technologies applied
Matrix of New Technology on the A-series HX excavator
|EPIC||EPFC||Auto Safety |
|HX300A L – Stage V||x||x||x||x|
|HX220A L – Stage V||x||x||x||x|
The HX220A L will incorporate some of Hyundai’s new technologies, as there are:
- EPFC or Electric Positive Flow Control. EPFC results in the improvement of fuel efficiency and controllability by a flow reduction technique for excavator operations.
- Auto Safety Lock prevents unintended operation/start of the machine of the excavator in order to improve safety.
- Eco guidance indicates inefficient operation status to prevent fuel consumption by improper working habits on the machine cluster.
- MG/MC or Machine Guidance / Machine Control. Indicates the work status and automatically controls the attachment to assist the driver. The MG displays the position of the bucket tip with respect to the pre-defined target surface. The MC will automatically control the grading with the bucket tip or face and will have an automatic stop control: up, down, forward and cabin protection.
The HX300A L features as well the Auto safety lock function, Eco guidance and Machine guidance & control devices. In terms of flow control it is equipped with a different system, named EPIC.
- EPIC or Electric Pump Independent Control. This
energy savingtechnology reduces the pump flow rate during levelling & truck loading operation by controlling the pump’s displacement individually.
Matrix of New Service Features on the A-series HX excavator
|HX300A L – Stage V||x||x||x||x||x|
|HX220A L – Stage V||x||x||x||x||x|
All A-series excavators will incorporate several new service features that have been developed and tested with the goal to improve machine uptime, reducing unnecessary time wasters caused by the machines’ downtime.
- ECD (Engine Connected Diagnostics) will support the After Sales technicians and dealers with a diagnostics report (via e-mail, mobile, app or HiMATE, HCE’s own
telematicsystem) on the engine performance. This results in an improved engine fault code monitoring and will ensuethat After Sales technicians arrive on site with the necessary tools and fix trouble in one visit.
- MCD (Machine Connected Diagnostics) allows to easily gather and analyse various data on the machine performance related to
faultin HiMATE. This will result in an improved uptime.
- FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) allows for remote software updates for MCU (Machine Control Unit) and RMCU (Remote Machine Control Unit) whenever there is a software update available in
HiMATE. Upon starting the machine, the operator gets a notification stating he needs to install the updates for MCU and RMCU. When the operator has finished the installation the dealer administrator receives a confirmation.
- HCE-DT is the Hyundai Construction Equipment offline equipment Diagnostics which provides troubleshooting information using HiMATE user authentication.
- Monthly report (generated by HiMATE) – The report generated by HiMATE allows for improved fleet management by sending monthly e-mail reports including a summary of the operation and the fuel consumption analysis.
All-in-one exhaust after treatment
The A-series stage V exhaust after-treatment is furthermore based on an all-in-one solution, which means a unique exhaust muffler integrating the diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC), the DEF injector (SCR) and a Diesel Particulate Filter (
Bauma 2019: A first insight to Hyundai’s A-series HL wheel loaders
Facing a continuous strong demand on heavy wheel loaders in the European market, HCEE is ready to present its new range of wheel loaders, the A-series, to tackle the challenges of its many diverse customer segments. As a forerunner of the new Hyundai wheel loaders A-series, the 19-ton HL960A will be shown at Bauma 2019 in a world premiere. Powered by a Cummins QSB6.7 Stage V engine, delivering 225 hp, this model, as well as the whole range of Hyundai A-series wheel loaders will be available for the market shortly after Bauma. The new A-series wheel loaders of HCE Europe offer a whole new range of features and functions. HCE’s product development will proudly present a plethora of leading technological improvements, which directly relate to improved fuel efficiency, enhanced safety, longer uptime and improved fleet management.
Matrix of New Technology on the A-series HL wheel loader
|IWM||Radar & |
|Remote Door Control|
|HL960A – Stage V||x||x||x||x|
Matrix of New Service Features on the A-series HL wheel loader
|HL960A – Stage V||x||x||x||x||x|
IWM for improved fuel efficiency
An intelligent work mode (IWM) optimizes the engine performance to increase engine torque at a lower rpm. This provides just another means for improved fuel
Operator convenience and safety come first
Remote door control
With the convenience and safety of the operators in mind, HCE has developed a remote door opening system. This allows the operator to open the cabin door already when approaching the machine, reducing several risks when opening the door while standing on the steps.
Radar & Secondary Monitor
The Hyundai A-series wheel loaders are standard-equipped with a rear-view camera. For increased safety on the job site, an advanced 4-camera system is available as option. The highly advanced AAVM (Advanced Around View Monitoring) system is a combination of AVM which secures the field of vision in all directions by nine views including a 3D bird’s eye view, and IMOD, the intelligent moving object detection. In addition, Hyundai offers a reverse drive radar system, similar to that of a car, allowing to detect obstacles by day or night. All these safety features installed, makes the Hyundai A-series wheel loaders become one of the safest in the industry.
For increased versatility Hyundai Construction Equipment offers also some of its wheel loader models with an extended loading frame as well as a dedicated “Toolmaster” version providing exact parallel lifting forces, for its customers working in agriculture, recycling, waste handling, forestry or industrial applications.
Hyundai Construction Equipment Europe will be exhibiting at Bauma, Munich, from April 8th-14th 2019. For more news from Bauma be sure to keep up to date with our news section.